We moved the whole site to a brand new server. This should improve the overall performance of the website and should reduce downtimes.
We switched to subdomain based language selection. This means that all urls are now available on different subdomains [hu,ro,de] and it is easier to bookmark a particular page in any language. The main www site is in english and all other languages have their own subdomain.
Yesterday we experienced a huge load on this site, caused by the sudden increase of pageloads and visitors in the past days. Our site was unusable for a couple of hours last night.
Thanks to our hosting company, everything is back online now. A couple of database optimizations were made, to make pageloads faster.
We have found a couple of bugs in the calendar, and also in some of the URLs, that made some competitions unreachable. These bugs were fixed.
We started developing the new version, completely rewriting the site engine. Proposals for this release:
- new engine and design
- more competitions
- accurate data and statistics (tons of bugfixes)
- AJAX where needed, for faster loads
- better timezone support
- a good, accessible and comprehensive help system
- better search system